PRE & POSTNATAL TRAINING
Frame’s Pre & Postnatal Teacher Training goes above and beyond any of the current Pre & Postnatal training available on the market. This is a nationally recognised qualification to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to programme safe and effective exercise for both pre and postnatal clients, taking into account the physiological and bio-mechanical changes associated with pregnancy and the key health and safety considerations for pre and postnatal clients taking part in physical activity.
Upon completion you will gain an Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise & Nutrition. Active IQ is one of the UK’s leading awarding organisations for the active leisure, learning and wellbeing sector.
This course has been specifically designed for personal trainers, gym and group fitness, yoga or pilates instructors who are already working within the industry who want to feel confident teaching pre & postnatal clients and expand your client base.
YEARLY COURSE INTAKES
Spring & Winter
Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th March
Location: Online & Frame Hammersmith
Times: 9am – 5pm
Course Tutor: Caroline Bragg & Lily Mae McGregor
£400 upfront or 3 monthly instalments of £133.34
An interactive e-manual is included with your course, which you will have access to for 1 year. A hardcopy manual can be ordered for an additional fee, please let your Academy support know when you register for this course.
The aim of this course is to ensure you feel confident to work with both pre and postnatal clients and are able to modify exercises safely and create effective sessions for each stage of your clients pre and postnatal journey.
Each of the below topics will be covered from both a prenatal and postnatal perspective, with practical examples of which exercises are beneficial and which should be avoided in relation to each.
- Benefits of physical activity
- Physical and biological changes
- Musculoskeletal system and changes
- Postural changes
- Hormonal changes
- Ab separation and pelvic floor
- 1 day online theory
- 1 day face-to-face practical
- Assessment via coursework, class plan(s) and case studies
COURSE BENEFITS AND ADDITIONAL INFO
- 5 pre and postnatal class credits to use at Frame
- 3 month subscription to Frame’s on demand class platform
- The opportunity to trial with Frame. Please note trials usually take place between 6-12 months after certifying.
- 15% discount off your second course
- If you require additional learning support we will always support you and we work with Active IQ who will also offer support dependent on your needs. Please let the Academy team know upon registering.
This is a Level 3 course, therefore to be eligible to join this course you must hold a Level 2 Gym or Group Training, PT or Pilates qualification. If you’re unsure whether your current certifications qualify you to join, then please get in touch and our team will be able to advise.